Thursday, September 12, 2019

Getting Tired of Roadwork in Carrington & North Dakota


Any roadwork going on in your part of the country? Kudos to the person who created this poster... wish I could give him/her credit! 

Here in Carrington we've had to figure out new ways to get places all summer long... and the roadwork still continues. If you have an appointment somewhere, be sure to leave early because there's no telling what road will be closed from one day to the next. 

Example: I had an appointment in New Rockford yesterday and spent about 10 minutes figuring out how to get out of my neighborhood and across the railroad tracks because the overpass was suddenly closed. I got to 2nd Ave. North and, of course, a train decided to slow down and stop just when I needed to get across. 

Thank goodness for a friend who drove by and said ,"Follow me." We drove back across Carrington and came out on Hwy 52 going toward Sykeston. I turned east, and even though it was out of the way, it saved me time because the train was still sitting still when I got back to Hwy 281 and headed north!

 Anyone else running around in circles because of roadwork? #roadworkblues #carringtonnd





No comments:

Post a Comment