Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Around the Town

It was fun walking around town today, visiting shops and talking to people. Most of the downtown shops were prepared for this special "Christmas Around the Town" event. There was plenty of hot coffee, cider and treats for shoppers and visitors. Although the weather was rather brisk, lots of hardy North Dakotans were decked out in warm clothes and wandering in and out of the shops that were open. Everyone paused at 6:00 p.m. to watch the Light Parade go down Main Street. Although the parade was short, each float was dazzling! It was well worth the effort to attend this event and support the participants.

As I wandered through the shops, I met lots of people and took lots of pictures. Everyone was exceptionally friendly, and I sincerely want to thank them for letting me take their pictures for CarringtonNews.Com. I especially want to thank the ladies at Lovingly Used who let me borrow a pair of gloves while I filmed the parade. ( I had left my gloves at home and my fingers were too frozen to push the tiny camera buttons!)

I hope you enjoy the following slideshow. As soon as I figure out how to put my film of the parade on this blog, I'll include it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment